24 Hour Disappearing Act

7:00 -8:30 A.M

So, yesterday, which was Sunday I woke up about 7:20. I wake up like this every Sunday because I have to take my grandparents to church. They don’t have to be to church until 9 am, so I rolled over and slept until about 8:30. I got up brushed my teeth and washed my face.

8:40-9:30 A.M

I left my house at 8:40 a.m. Now you ask why I left so late if they have to be to church by 9 am right? My grandmother does not have a sense of time. I can be on time for her and she still won’t be ready when I get there. So I give her extra time to get ready. I arrived at her house at about 8:55 am. She comes out the door to tell me she has to wait on my granddad to finished getting ready. Grandparents you gotta love them. About 9:15 am, they finally emerged from the house and we were finally able to make it to church at about 9:30 am.

9:45 am- 1:00 PM

After dropping them off, I had a taste for smothered pork chops. I stopped at Publix and picked up the items I needed and headed home to cook. I turned the Music Choice channel on gospel music while I cooked. I don’t like cooking when I have dishes in my sink so I washed the few dishes I had and prepared the food for cooking. I measured everything I was going to need. I fried the pork chops first and in the interim I washed the dishes as I went along. When the chops were finished frying, I made the gravy and smothered them. While they were cooking, I fixed the grits and eggs. The last thing I made was the toast. I washed all the dishes and fixed plates for my daughter and my boyfriend. When I sat down, I had roughly 20 minutes to eat before I had to go and pick my grandparents up. 

While eating I text my mom to see if we were still helping her move. She’s moving from a condo to a house. I was supposed to be getting one of her beds. When I received confirmation, I got up and changed into shorts and a tank top. I told my daughter to go and find her something to put on. It didn’t matter because we were moving furniture. We weren’t going anywhere special. We waited while my boyfriend got himself together. He was going to help my uncle with the bed. Just as we were leaving, my mom text me to let me know my grandparents were waiting. I went to the church to get them and take them home.

1:30-2:20 PM

While in the driveway at my grandparents house, I checked my phone again. I let my mom know I was on my way to get my uncle and his girlfriend. I headed over to get them and blew the horn when I got in the driveway. She came out first, of course not dressed. So we waited on them to get themselves together, and they finally emerged. I text my mom again to let her know we were on the way over to her old place. Before we hit the expressway, my uncle needed to stop to the store for something to drink. He came back with water for all of us. Refreshing!

2:45-4:30 PM

We arrived at my mom’s old place of residence and waited for her to get there. It took her about 20 minutes to get there. When she finally arrived, there were boxes and bags scattered about the floor. We first decided what was going where. She had my other uncle’s pick up truck so moving the bed was taken care of. My uncle and my boyfriend proceeded with moving the bed. Me, my daughter and my uncle’s girlfriend started helping with the boxes and bags. We filled both the car and truck to capacity. Once we were finished loading everything, we headed to the storage first as she had more items there to get out and put in.

4:45-6:00 pm

We got the rest of the items for the bed out of storage, and headed to my house. My uncle and my boyfriend unloaded the bed off the truck and put it in my spare room. In the interim of all of this, I had to really use the bathroom. It was a scorching 93 degrees yesterday. I had drunk so much water, I started to feel like a bloated pig. When I emerged from the restroom, my uncle was fixing a minor piece on the bed. We were instructed to let the glue dry before we put the bed together. Once everyone was finished, we all stood outside to figure out our next moves.

6:50-7:20 PM

Me and my boyfriend had been planning to watch the new episode of Power. It’s on Season 3 and this is a really good show. He informed me that Xfinity has the show OnDemand before it airs on television that night. We watched the new episode of Power.

7:20-9:30 PM

We put the bed together, and I made it up. I swept the floor, while he got the comforters up out the floor. He is the over night manager at his job, so it was imperative that he get some rest. Once that was finished, he took a shower while I re-organized my spare room. I moved one of my chests out of the room and moved it in the bedroom so he could have somewhere to put his clothes. I then folded up my clothes again and placed them in the new dresser I got from my mom. I swept the floor. I put on music while I did this. My daughter came in and help me dust everything off. I was keeping up with time, because I needed to go to the store so I could cook dinner. I stopped at about 9:30 to run to the store and get some spaghetti noodles. Spaghetti was the entreé last night.

9:45-10:15 PM

I came home and washed the pot out that I was going to boil my noodles in. Once finished, I put the water on. I sprinkled in a little salt and olive oil. The olive oil keeps the noodles from sticking to each other. Before I left to do all my running around, I pulled the ground beef out of the freezer, so it was good and thawed out. I cut up and onion and sausages. I cooked those first, then added the ground beef. I seasoned the meat and stirred constantly until the meat was thoroughly cooked. Once cooked, I drained the meat and place it back on the stove. I added some oregano, then the spaghetti sauce and let it simmer. I then added grated Parmesan to give it more flavor. While it simmered a little longer, I poured the water off the noodles. I rinse my noodles just to get rid of the excess oil. Not only that it cools them down a bit.

10:40-11:00 pm

When dinner was finished, I fixed my daughter’s plate first. I then went to get my boyfriend, but he was already dressed for work. I fixed my plate and sat down and ate. He came from the back and kissed me on the forehead. He told me he’d see me in the morning just as he headed out the door for work. I stopped eating for a second to flip through the television to see what was on. My daughter finished her plate and then asked for some ice cream. I usually make her wait 30 minutes before I let her get ice cream. I made her wash her plate. I looked at the clock and saw it was almost 11:00 pm so I sent her to bed. She had to get up early for camp. I started watching the Golden Girls for a while.

11:00 pm-11:40

When I was finished eating, I put my plate in the sink and headed for the shower. When I got out the shower, I put on deodorant and body spray. I put on my house dress and went to wash up the rest of the dishes. I straightened up the living room.


I climbed in the bed and turned on Spongebob. The new bed was so comfortable, I barely kept my eyes open. I drifted off to sleep quickly


Please note I will never post a status like this again LOL! It took a lot for me to remember all of this. #everydayinspiration


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s